Monday 16 April 2007

Day 3 - See How Easily You Can Find Things

Starting Money £1.00

This morning on the way to college I found a Jim Dunlop Nylon Guitar Pick. I figured it might be useful for this project if i can sell it. It's worth about 50p new. I know this seems mad that I'm trying to make pennies when my end goal is 100k! But I'm doing this one step at a time and for now all I need to think about it getting to £2. If anyone wants to buy the pick then make me an offer!
I will even sign it if you ask nicely *grins*

I found 1p on the path on my way to my music theory class which made me smile. Who ever thought 1p could make anyone smile? But now I have this clear goal of doubling my £1 into £2 I know i'm that little bit closer.

I later found 5p under and vending machine. This is my biggest cash find so far.

I went into town in search of something for 50p (see Day 2 for details) but I couldn’t find anything for 50p or under which I believed to be any good for reselling.

I did pick up a book called ' The 10 day MBA' but I bought this out of my own separate money and not this projects. Hopefully though the more I learn about business the better.

Next time I speak to someone in my family I'm going to ask them if they have any jobs I can do for them for £1. Like maybe wash their car or something. How can they refuse its a bargain for that little.

Ending Money: £1.06 + a guitar pick

Tom Boyd

2 comments:

edbaker said...

Hey Tom it's Ed.

Keep this thing going mate, it's cool to read what you get up to each day for just pennies. But Rome wasn't built in a day and the great wall of china was started with just one brick etc.

Quick question. You said about asking someone in the family if you can do anything for £1. But does it have to be double? If you bought something for a pound and sold if for £5 is that breaking the rules? Surely your family can stretch to more than one pound for some manual labour?

Tom Boyd said...

Hey Ed! Thanks for the encouragement!

I am going to post a list of my 'rules' soon to clear up exactly what I'm doing and what I can and can't do. I hope this will make things clearer for you.