Friday 20 April 2007

Day 7 – One Step Closer! Sorry Make That Two!

Starting Money: £1.14

Step 1 (£1 in to £2) is Complete!

I have achieved my goal and reached £3.12! It’s taken me 7 days to do it. I feel really motivated now. I know I can keep going up the steps and finish my goal.

How I did It

Today I cut my dad’s hair for £1.00 I’m certainly no barber but I can use a pair of clippers. When it came to giving me the £1.00 he said here you go and gave me £2.00! The extra pound was nice. This could become a regular income for me as I can now cut his hair about every six weeks when he needs it cut.

Onwards and upwards

Earlier I went and helped pick up a washing machine. This involved loading it in a van and carrying it in. We were given it by my dad’s friend as he got a new one and his old one was better than our old one (It works properly!).

I managed to arrange to T-cut (polish) the guys van. So when he has time it will be dropped round here for me to do. The guy couldn’t believe I would do it for £3.00 I know this is cheap and I could of got more but I’m not greedy.

I’m focusing on now getting my £3.12 into £4.00 Polishing the car would do it in one step! I’m not waiting round though… I am going to invest my stake by buying something to put on Ebay.

Ending Money: £3.14

Tom Boyd

Update: My dad just gave me a handful of change out of his pocket. This was more bonus for the hair cut. I counted it up there was a total of £1.06

New Ending Money : £4.20

This Jumps me onto Step 3! £4-£8



Like This Blog ? Why Not Subscribe In A Reader!

3 comments:

Zaza said...

Hey Tom, do you mind if I start something like this aswell on my blog? Seems like a good idea!

Tom Boyd said...

No not at all! Please anyone that wants to try this go ahead!

Tom Boyd said...

Yeh I'm pleased about every penny I find! I tried your idea they have no old phones :(